To do a join-up with your horse, first drive the horse away from you to keep it moving until it is ready to join-up. A join-up may take a very long time, especially if your horse has never done one before. Keep as square to the horse as you can. Use a lunge whip, lead rope or your hands to drive the horse away but never hit or touch the horse. The join-up method creates mutual respect and communication between the rider and the horse. The horse is ready to join up by turning its inner ear towards you, snorting, mouthing or sticking its tongue in and out. This can take a long time. When the horse is ready to join-up, drop your tools and stop. Turn your back to the horse and hold your hand out in the direction of the horse. The horse should walk right up to your hand. If it doesn't, keep driving the horse until it successfully completes the join up so it understands what you want.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades